It was the best of times; it was the worst of times - OK, maybe neither. I got on the road around 8AM under overcast skies with the temp in the low 50's. However, it did not stay even that nice. I encountered rain on and off until well into Tennessee when some scattered patches of blue sky finally showed themselves.
Rain, needless to say, is a bit unnerving and not especially comfortable. The good news is that I have rain-worthy gear, arrived safe and sound and met up with friend Ron as planned. I would like to do the route again in good weather as much of it is rolling, curvy, well maintained pavement with some very pretty hilly and pastoral views.
Dinner was a tasty barbecue and a couple of beers at a restaurant walking distance from our motel. As you can see, nothing really noteworthy or entertaining to report, yet. Tomorrow it's off to Montgomery, AL.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.